Thursday, February 24, 2011

Weights Galore!

Ooh readers, I have tons of pictures tonight!

First up is my lunch no-pic-take. :(  L and I went to Great Harvest. I had a most delightful and fresh chicken salad ... and didn't bring my camera. BUT I shall return to the GH soon, get the same thing (it was that good), and take a picture for reference. 100% recommended! I also snuck one bite of L's lemon bar!

I also had a plethora of snacks today (these were before lunch).


A little bit of Ezekiel bread with almond butter and oats ...


Plus an organic banana.

Then I had lunch at 12:30 with L - GH.

I had a clementine (so perfectly tart and yum!) around 4:00 and a Greek yogurt with Cascadian Farm chocolate cereal ...



Then at 6:00, I wanted MORE yogurt!


This has wheatberries, chia, a clementine, and almonds.

And then around 7:00, I wanted a Pacific Rose apple (best apple ever!) ....


A little bit of organic tomato soup (I forget who it was by, but it was not canned but carton) - it needed some extra salt and pepper ...


And the most random dinner item ever:


Ready Rice (probably the most unhealthy thing I ate all day) with cherry tomato and spinach.

L and I did something that L has wanted to do for a long time (and I have too!) - we bought a weight set and a pull up bar set from Academy (the pull up bar is primarily for L ... he used to beat Marines in pull up contests when he was in the Army because he's rather light and very strong in the arms!).


L's domain!


My favorite, the 2.5 lb and 5 lb weights! The 30 lber there is L's, of course (the set also came with a huge weight that L has been using ... I couldn't begin to use it like he does!).

My sweetie, you see, is going to school to become an EMT come summer/ fall - he wants to buff up even more in preparation. This is ironic to me because L is already quite buff. No, really. The boy can also eat like a horse and never gains a pound. Quite the contrary. He loses weight and gets mad!

We are thrilled to have these new weight sets - we both enjoy exercising and watching our TV shows. I don't mind going to the gym, but L now prefers just coming home and staying home after a long day at work. Having equipment at home is ideal for him. Eventually we'll acquire more equipment, definitely; I'd love a treadmill or an elliptical.

While I biked for 40 minutes and then played with the weights (and Luke just did his insane Army moves), Miss Zoe flopped on the couch, laid her head on the arm, and snored snored snored. When she's full grown, that dog will shake the house with those snores!


She's also getting a bath soon. Stinky puppy.

L has the weekend off until Sunday, and I'm elated! I love spending extra time with L - it's so much easier to walk the pups with him! :P

I did make it to the store today ... and spent about $70. I still need to make it to the healthfood store, but first I need to go over my budget for the month before I run off spending right and left. Don't you love a good ol' fashioned budget? :)

L and I have been talking about dinner plans. Instead of each of us scrounging around each night for our own dinner, I'd like to make an actual dinner each night. With a protein, several veggies, something different each night, etc. stuff that L usually doesn't get in his day - he eats a crappy sandwich from Subway most of the time for lunch and a fast bowl of cereal for breakfast (if he eats anything at all). As the woman of the house, I feel it's my responsibility to help L out a bit (and help myself too by doing so).

I just need to look over Ye Olde Budgetttt tomorrow. :)   Will get back to ya on that one!

~ M

No comments:

Post a Comment