Sunday, February 27, 2011

Low Morning

This blog is not all chipper fun and games, internets. The "nutty" part refers to both nut butters (my fav) and, well, ME. I'm nuts.

An M fun fact: I woke up so low that my head could be on the floor. In case you missed the memo, I'm manic depressive. If you want to get technical, I'm a crazy mix of bipolar I and II ... I've got the characteristics of both and pretty badly when they hit.

Depression has hit me badly today, internetz. I've been in a low state for a while. I wonder if it's time to ask Dr. J about changing up my meds a schosh. I've been on a combo that changed my life, ya'll. But sometimes meds stop working. I also realize that I'm under a tremendous amount of stress - I just learned about surgery - plus I'm having to save up some money that I didn't ever think I'd have to be saving up (reality hits a twenty-something), and March is an awful time where I live. The winds reach up to 50 mph, and they really hit my mood hard. Can you tell I can't wait to move?

Honestly I may just go back to bed today. I'm not going to act like it won't happen and I'll jump on my bike and work out life's problems in a constructive way when I'm this low. Sorry people who are looking for a blog that's always uplifting. I work in a realistically terribly bipolar world some days. :)

Moving on to breakfast - I made a wonderful bowl of oatmeal.


- 1/3 C oats
- 3/4 C almond milk
- salt, nutmeg, cinnamon
- 1/3 C granola
- 1 small banana
- almond butter

Maybe a mid-morning nap will help?

~ M


No comments:

Post a Comment