Friday, February 25, 2011

Almond Milk

Lately when I get munchy at night, I've been pouring myself a cup of almond milk. It's the *best* snack for a grumbly tummy that's still getting used to all of this regularity.


My table lions apparently love almond milk too - after all, they are both a creamy white!

L and I also shared an apple tonight after I biked - slowly and gently - for 40 minutes and played with the weights on my biceps and triceps. I'm such a weakling in the arm department, but L, who could practically be a personal trainer, says you just gotta start somewhere!

I have been playing with my hair for the past few days, unsatisfied with it. I love love love having it long and rather layered - it's just my style - but I think bangs might be the way to go this spring and summer for a "pick me up." The last time I had bangs was in 2008, but I think this time I'll do longer, sideswept bangs. Yes, it'll be more upkeep, but my stylist is awesome and could pencil me in if I need a quick snip.



I also found an interesting site: Marie Claire Virtual Make-Over where you can upload your picture and play with new hairstyles and colors, makeup, skin treatments, and such. All seems innocent until you get to the "anti-aging" section ... it's really a guise for what you'd look like if you underwent pretty serious procedures like a face lift and a nose job.

Want to see my finished product? The product that supposedly "society/Marie Claire" dictates is "my ideal"?

The left one is Moi sans makeup ... the right one is apparently my evil twin from a different dimension. I'm amused that Marie Claire doesn't think my broad English nose is acceptible .... plus those eyebrows give Evil Twin the look of being purpetually startled. That's a no go for me - my brows are shapely enough, thanks. And my lips ... well, they've always been thin thin little things. But bright lipsticks and pencils really do the trick. Why pay $$$ to have foreign crap injected in them when I could pay $3 for Burt's Bees and $7 for Revlon Orange Flip and a $2 pencil to shape my top lip a bit? Evil Twin has some serious buck tooth going on there ... I'll take my thin lips over fluffy lips with bucktooth anyday, thx.


I think I'm fine without any of that "your face is not good enough" propaganda a la Marie Claire.

L and I are watching one of our favorite movies, Super Troopers, tonight. :)

~ M

No comments:

Post a Comment