Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Tofu Too

I made something new for lunch today - tofu!


I tried the Perfect Baked Tofu recipe from Healthy Tipping Point, only subbing maple syrup for honey (I was out) and leaving off the sesame seeds. It really is so sweet and spicy!

Can you say yummy? I've never made my own tofu, and I was so impressed! I will definitely be making this again!


I went to counseling, and it was encouraging as usual - nothing to really share on the blog today (private stuff) except that I'm going to do my best not to sit in the kitchen and eat out of the box - that's where I tend to get into the most trouble when I have it. Hence photographing my food - I have to consider what I eat.

Around 3:30, I wanted a snack so I had a slice of Ezekiel bread with almond butter and almonds plus a cup of Greek yogurt with some chia seeds and wheatberries. :) Plus a nice mug of chai tea.



Zoe asleep on the couch ...


I liked my tofu salad lunch so much that I had it for dinner too. It's even better nice and chilled from the fridge, I think - it reminded me of cold chicken. I did low fat ranch and balsamic tonight (not mixed together - I overdid dressing with lunch but tonight was just perfect! Not too much at all) and no carrot (I missed it a little).


The pups enjoyed dinner as much as me!


Shih Tzu crunching (he gets distracted easily by Zoe).


Zoe looks a little "rib-tastic" in this picture, but I promise you that she's vet-assured healthy! She's just a growing Great Dane pup ... she gets bigger and bigger everyday! Today she weighs 30 lbs (L weighed her) - I cannot believe she'll eventually weigh 100 more!

I want to do a little "energy biking" tonight for fun - that's biking to get out some extra energy. I think I will turn on the TV, put on the ol' Vibrams (seriously excellent footwear for inside biking and tons of other things too!), and go to town (that's such a weird expression ...). I may play with the pupperz a bit too. L came home exhausted and is taking a nap - he often does on Tuesdays. :P

I'm also thinking over what B said in counseling to me today -  our session was really productive (it usually is), and it seems that she really hit the nail on the head with a ton of things. I'd like to mull some stuff over this week - it was rather deep for me.

~ M

No comments:

Post a Comment