Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Salad Puppers

The rest of my day has been pretty moody - I called the pharmacy to get some meds which they told me were already ready to go. I went to pick them up and sure enough, they said they couldn't find the pills. I know mistakes are made, but ya'll, I have a plethora of pills and go to that pharmacy probably 5-6 times a month ... they mess up a ton on my meds and have for years. 

Today I couldn't handle it. This is a bipolar trigger of mine - pharmacy antics. I just smiled, said I'd be back in an hour ... and burst into tears when I drove off. When I came home, I went to my room and had a "moment." That's just one facet of my bipolar - I have "moments" where I have to just go nuts/cry for about five or ten minutes, hard. Then I'm totally fine again. I always recognize that I'm having a "moment," but I just can't help it - I just have to get it out. That's what bipolar is essentially - you can't control your moods. If I'm rude to someone, I'll apologize after the moment immediately and feel so awful.

I'm better now, of course. I took a few pictures of the puppers this evening to relax and thought I'd share:





For dinner, we have slim pickens 'round these parts so I whipped up a batch of corn bread mix and a salad.


I had two muffins ...


And half of this salad because it was pretty filling. I made a balsamic-y dressing which I love - it's half low-fat ranch, half balsamic and a dash of olive oil. The salad: mixed greens, plain pasta, broccoli, a spoonful of hummus, a ton of cracked pepper. Luke had half of this because I couldn't finish ... and Zoe got a piece that fell.

And for dessert? Two little chocolates and a little glass of soymilk. :)

~ M

No comments:

Post a Comment