Wednesday, February 16, 2011

A Moody Mix Day

For lunch I had a small salad. I wasn't too hungry and developed a headache and a rather mope-tastic mood around 12 ... more on that later.


This salad had a little bit of everything that's in the fridge right now - a little bit of noodle, hummus, an egg on top with hot sauce (I put a little too much on today ...), carrot shavings, mixed greens, broccoli, and some organic turkey breast. Topped with some low fat ranch and balsamic vinegar and pepper. It was delicious. I also had a chocolate and a teeny taste of soy milk (because that hot sauce heat was not leaving my mouth).

Turns out the pharmacy gave me generic topamax instead of regular .... and I figured "Well it's generic ... how bad can it be, right? It has to be similar!"

I was so wrong, readers. I felt okay until about noon ... and then the angry and sobbing mood set in. And I never feel that way around noon! I moped, I limped around the house ... and after about an hour of that nonsense, the terrible headache and the blinding exhaustion came. I'm still in that phase about four hours later.

I'll be talking to the pharmacy about getting my regulars back, stat.

I wanted a snack around 5:00. A chocolate-y snack - see, I took a nap and didn't have my usual 3:00 banana or orange. I had a piece of Great Harvest toast with almond butter and a Lindt chocolate spread on it. Plus some chai tea.



It just occured to me that this looks a little nasty in the picture. It's not gross, readers. It tastes like a slice of Heaven. :)

My lady-doctor called, and we're going to discuss when to schedule the hysterectomy - I can schedule it either sooner (probably in April or early May) or later (probably August or September) - her schedule is weird in June and July. I may go with sooner and just get it over with! I'll think about this for a few days, but honestly, after this bioposy, my "lady bits" haven't felt well at all! It may be a sign to just get this going!

For dinner I just wanted more toast - ever since my last cervical biopsy I have been nursing a tummyache, and tonight it's plaguing me! So I made French toast, 2 pieces with a little almond butter and pure maple syrup. I've had much more almond butter and toast than usual today - I usually just have that bit in my oats and sometimes a little for a snack - but ya'll know what, I have to practice telling myself that's okay. I'm not going to feel guilty about it today. And the toast was so tasty tonight and easy on my stomach.




A goofy picture I took of Zoe trying to get up on the counter ...I snapped this picture totally by accident while I was telling her to get down! See the pup leaving the counter? :P


Here's hoping that the rest of tonight will be uneventful and easy-going!

~ M

No comments:

Post a Comment