Wednesday, February 16, 2011

French Coffee

I love mornings. They're so calm around here, so full of freshness and promise. :)  I'll admit that with a puppy, my mornings are a touch more hectic than usual - we get up about two times a night for potty breaks and then she wants to play play play in the morning. And she's BIG ol' puppy with BIG noises and big puppy nips! :P We're trying a new feeding schedule with Zoe. Three smaller meals instead of two bigger ones (the vet recommended this to us) ... and this morning she is not very hungry for her usual meal! I'm going to push it back an hour or two, I suppose!


Shih Tzu leg! The dogs wanted to rough house this morning so we played a bit. Zoe's favorite toy is a stuffing-free fox ... Louis' favorite toy? Zoe. Yep, we have a humper. Don't worry, he's neutered. And she'll be spayed in about 6 months or so. We love our doggies, but we don't want a litter of pups (especially not of "Great Shih-Tzzzs" as Luke says.)

On to breakfast. I woke up surprisingly full from my meager dinner and just wanted some coffee. My fav? A nice ol' french roast. I'm a bit of a coffee (and tea) connoisseur, and I love to try them all! I'm drinking Folgers right now ... not the most exciting that I keep around or that I've ever tried, but it's the old workhorse that gets the job done for me on the cheap - it's dark enough to appease me yet oh so smooth and warm in taste. Mmm.

I put off breakfast until about 9:30ish - that's when I started to feel the hunger. Let me to ya, after years of not listening to my stomach ... it's nice to let it take the reins!


This is a weird pic (most of mine are), but I love my little Anthropologie lion butter dish and salt shaker set. Each morning they smile some serious sunshine at me!


*sunshine*



I had oatmeal again - same as yesterday except I added some sliced almonds on top.

It's now 10:00 ... and I'm already feeling mental stress creeping up on me. My doctor called (the lady-doctor) and has some test results from that biopsy I had a week ago ... I have to call her back because Luke has the phone (the phone is another story - I am currently phoneless and need a new one)! And Zoe is acting like she has a cough. Maybe I'm being overly cautious, but I hope it's just a puppy thing and that she didn't pick up kennel cough or something at the vet!

I think I need to bike now and get out some nervous energy. Yuck! Here's hoping that the day will keep steady!

 ~ M

No comments:

Post a Comment