Sunday, February 27, 2011

Good Tidings

I called my dad tonight, and he told me that the barn and trailer on the ranch wasn't burned ... only 200 acres and some poor ancient, beautiful cottonwoods on the creek. I hated to hear about the trees, but honestly, I was expecting to hear that the entire place had been engulfed in flames! Like Dad said, we must count our blessings in this instance.

My cousin said that the old 80 year old ranch house on my dad's brother's side of the ranch was nearly hit by the fire - it was about 100 yards away, and 8 fire trucks were there keeping it at bay. Thankfully everyone stayed safe, the house wasn't burned ... and the land will re-grow even greener.

Dinner was a green smoothie (L did not partake), and of course I forgot the protein powder!


Measurements go something like this:
- 1 banana
- 1 C almond milk
- 2 clementines
- 1 TBSP chia seeds
- a teaspoon coconut
- a small handful spinach leaves
- a sprinkle of granola on top
*I like mine just fine warm, but you could freeze this or stick it in the fridge to make it cooler ... or add ice!*

I also had a snack before bed - 2 eggs on toast. It was PERFECT. No I didn't photograph. :)

Tonight I'll be thinking well on the ranch, the memories, the present, and the future ... and on this year's fire season. I hope our dear ranch will be spared any further run-ins with the blaze for a long long time.

~ M

No comments:

Post a Comment