Monday, February 28, 2011

SIAB - Green Monster!

I'm a little late this morning posting so here's breakfast and lunch.

Breakfast was an experiement with oatmeal again ... I wasn't a huge fan of what I did today. I tried frozen strawberries in my usual mix, and they tasted like, well, heated frozen strawberries in oatmeal. I'd honestly rather have fresh flaverful ones or just leave them out entirely. They didn't add anything to my oats, but it is always fun to play with food, right? :)


- 1/2 C oats
- 2 C almond milk
- unfrozen frozen strawberries
- a small banana
- 1 TBSP chia
- nutmeg, cinnamon, salt
- almond butter
- a sprinkle of granola


Lunch was at 11:15 - I made a bonafide GREEN SMOOTHIE IN A BOWL! CAN YOU SAY YUMMO! I will be making a ton of these things in the future.

- 1 cup spinach
- 1 cup soymilk
- 1 small banana
- about 1 1/4 C semi-thawed frozen fruit (I used pineapple)
- I scoop protein powder
- 1 TBSP chia seeds
- sprinkled with almond, a little chia, granola, and coconut


It tasted SO GOOD! I'm going to make my mom one soon because I think I can turn her into a SIAB Green Monster lover too!



This smoothie made me so happy - I think I'm gonna bike a bit! :)

~ M


No comments:

Post a Comment