Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Sleepy Morning

Zoe says Good Morning!

Today I am feeling rather exhausted - I am not taking my ambien as an experiment because it makes me loopy and crazy at night. It makes Luke nuts because it makes me act nuts for about an hour after I take it until I fall asleep. The only problem? I think I need it pretty badly to get a restful sleep - I woke up like 100 times last night! I may try cutting one in half tonight and see what that does for me and take it right as I'm in bed instead of with all of my others meds.

Today I think a little power nap is in order, fo' realz.

But breakfast, my friends, was a clear winner. It was my same ol' same ol' oat combo ... but with PEANUT BUTTER! Not almond butter. I know, I know. Almond butter is better for you. But I've been noshing on almond butter for about half a year now, neglecting good ol' peanut ... and when I was at the store this last run, I grabbed a peanut butter by accident (I'm clumsy). And guess what? It took my oats n granola to a new level of YUM. I think I'll be alternating almond and peanut butters from now on ... plus I'm going to try some sunflower butter soon (they say it's soo good!).


- 1/3 C oats
- 3/4 C soymilk
- 3 tbsp wheatberries
- 1/4 C Cascadian granola (fruit and nut)
- 1 tbsp chia
- topped with peanut butter, coconut, and almonds
- usual spices


(Cruddiest picture of tea ever. But the tea was great!)

Coffee seemed too heavy on my tummy this morning ... I might be burned out on it? So I made a mango oolong with half a packet of truvia (I need to get me some stevia!). It was so soothing, I may need to make tea my morning thing!

Zoe goes to the vet this afternoon for her shots ... we'll see how that goes! :) I am contemplating making something for dinner (L loves it when I do because we have leftovers for him to take to work), but it depends on how the day keeps up!

~ M

P.S. This is so funny - the local police department called L yesterday after L officially asked them to withdraw his application - complete with snippy officers - and actually asked if he'd reconsider being a policeman. L said "Thanks but no thanks, I am going back to school to be an EMT" ... and I'm sure he was thinking 'plus I don't want to work for a bunch of jerks!' .... when he told me that they called him back like that after being so rude to him when he asked to withdraw his application, I nearly fell over!

P.P.S. We are going to the ranch on Saturday to survey the fire damage. Our uncle's ranch next door was hit badly - about 2/3 was burnt to the ground ... about 200 acres was burned on ours. We are the lucky ones. Pictures will definitely be posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment