Friday, March 04, 2011

A Beauuutifuuul Niiiight!

L and I had a fun day! In fact, we were rather productive, if I do say so myself!

We went shopping at Bed Bath and Beyond for a new candle - our boring ol' house needs a dose of spring, and I had a 20% off coupon ... plus we found this particular candle had been marked down a bit too! *Mmmm pinapple cilantro* It's so sweet, fruity, and fresh! I could smell it in the kitchen from the bathroom! Love this one!


Then we went to GH for a quick lunch - we split a ham and cheese (hold the mayo and mustard and onions please!) and a soup (poblano corn chowder ... it as piping HOT!). I ate both pickes. Because that's just what I do. Delicious, didn't break the bank, and we were quite satisfied as always from a visit to GH!



I had to include the poor pickle in the shot. How sad to be left out!

Then we came home and edged the garden ... in the cold wind! But my dear flower beds out front look amazing now, much more clean and neater without mulch spilling all over the place, yo! I can't wait for good warm flower weather!! Planting is such a joy!

After the edging fun, L and I shared a mini- bagel:


 And my stomach was seriously moaning, so I had a little plum.


Then I eventually took a nap and woke up at 5:00. Hunger was a-calling, but I needed to get ready for dinner at a local Italian joint (you know ... being out in the yard/wind/mulch and then taking a late nap isn't exactly a wish idea for someone who wants to go to dinner ... planning ahead, people! I needed to shower before I napped or something, but no). I had to get something in my tummy, so I shared a yogurt cup with L, a Stonyfield rasperry. It held me over until dinner.


And then here came my personal failure of the evening: dinner. I forgot the camera! We took pictures on L's iPhone, but they won't unattach in my email for some stupid reason! ARG! So lesson learned ... again. Bring. The. Camera. Always.

We ate. I had 2 pieces of bread. We had an appetizer. I had 3 mushrooms (stuffed). My dinner was HUGE, some Italian chicken thing. I ate about 1/4 of it, and it's now sitting in the fridge in a box.

Then we got ice cream later - I got a small sweet cream with raspberries mixed in. Deeeelicious.

L and I had a pretty wild Friday night, no? Yes, that's our definition of wild. We're crazy. We even visited my mom at Dillard's and then waltzed around the mall, me in my 3.25" heels. Seriously, we are just the most astounding people that you'll ever know! 

Zoe agrees!

Tomorrow we're going to the ranch to survey the fire damage. See ya in the a.m.!

~ M

No comments:

Post a Comment