Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Makin' Me Happy

Ya know, although my sleep wasn't excellent last night, I feel much *calmer* today without that Ambien. I also took a nap this morning ... and I just feel peaceful, less crazy. Even the nutzo-pounding next door on the house that's going up isn't bothering me at all ... I'm totally "zen." Lots to think about!

While I was resting, I also thought to myself about things that make me feel balanced. When you're as bipolar as me, it's important to recognize "balancing acts."

Mine are:
- eating healthy meals
- exercising most days (a little or a lot, depending on how I feel)
- dressing up! This sounds a little odd, but it's great for me - I'm a quirky dresser, and I love to dress like I'm worth it ... because I. am.
- sitting outside in the sun, taking walks outside - natural light helps me
- getting out of the house. It's easy when I'm low to trap myself inside! In fact, it's easy when I'm *not* low to trap myself inside. But getting out does miraculous things for my mood whether it's going to just browse a shop by myself or going to the store with L
- trying to think positively each day and to recognize when I'm being negative or thinking "bipolar." I am by nature a positive person ... but sometimes my thinking is doomed to have "bipolar traps" (like my hatred of the pharmacy). I have to recognize that my thinking is negative and try my hardest to push past it, get out of my comfort zone. If necessary, I reward myself if it's a huge push.
- spend time with family and friends who are understanding and who are positive influences. This is a biggie for me. L and my mom are my "rocks" in life and so is B, my counselor.

Speaking of quirky dressing, I bought two things today on sale at my favorite store. I honestly haven't bought much this year for myself, but I think it's time for a small treat! I'm not sure how the cowlneck top will work out - I bought a size smaller than I usually wear because everyone said it is running quite large - and the necklace looks better on someone than in the picture. :)


Lunch was later than usual, and I rather liked it - 12:45ish:


No, it's not a Bloody Mary (we don't need to become alcoholics here, lol). It's a Green Smoothie!! But it's purple, not green, because I used mixed frozen berries today.

- 1/2 C almond milk
- 1/2 C soymilk
- 1 scoop protein powder
- 1 big handful spinach leaves
- about 1 1/2 C frozen mixed fruit
- 1 medium banana
- 1.5 tbsp chia seeds
- be sure to enjoy! It's so good!

On my list today? After taking Zoe to the vet, L and I need to run by Home Depot. We'd like to have a storm door installed on the front door! We've been tossing this idea around for about half a year ... well, ever since we moved into this house last June! ... and it's time to DO IT! I think we'd both feel a lot safer (especially moi) plus we're tired of people sticking fliers through our door and straight into our darn house! Ridiculous!

No comments:

Post a Comment