Friday, March 11, 2011

Morning Musings

My post is a little late this morning because I had to purchase more picture space from Google - apparently it's taken me only half a month to reach my free picture quota. Damn you, Google. Ah well. I've been thinking about investing in this blog, ya'll, and I'm researching hosts. So far my favs are just justhost, ipage, and FatCow (the name brings me so much joy!). I may have L help me decide which to choose (I'm thinking justhost may be the one?).

I need to make a trip to Ye Olde Grocery Store today - I'm going to try to compile a list of ALL that we'll need for the week and actually attempt to get everything. This is a first for me, ya'll. Fo' realz.

The menu?

I think I'm going to try Mexican Cornbread once more to perfect it. You see, L didn't like the jalapenos in such large chunks (I'm going to add less too). Plus I'm going to add zucchini and a maybe little shallot this time. I was inspired by Healthy Tipping Point's Southwestern Cornbread to try the zucchini thang.

I'm also going to try Angel's Pasta, a vegetarian pasta dish that I found online. L is willing to try vegetarian, which is awesome!

There's also a crockpot roast with beans in the near future too (I may do that one early on just so L can snack on it for lunch if he so desires - this makes up for the vegetarian dish, haha).

I may also attempt a sweet treat (these peanut butter cookies from Oh She Glows look simple enough for me but so delightful!), but this may depend on my mood (duh) and the food budget. Guess what? I have done minimal baking in my life - just a few cookies and pies here and there. But I'd love to be a great baker! So I think practice makes PERFECT! :)

L and I may go out to dinner tonight .... or not! I need to talk to him about it! It may or may not be in the food budget. I think I just need to hit the store first, right?

Breakfast: apple oatmeal with tons of chia (I put too many tsps in!). I also totally forgot to add cottage cheese at the end, and let's just say that I noticed when I took my first bite! Mental note: add cottage cheese a la Kath's Eats at the end. It's a subtle thing that totally makes oatmeal 10 times better!

I'll post pictures once my quota comes back!

No comments:

Post a Comment