Thursday, March 03, 2011

Bagel Bagel

Last night I tried taking 3 melatonin instead of Ambien. Can you say that I slept like a ROCK? I woke up about 2 hours later than normal, much to the consternation of the dogs. But my sleep, however, was very restful. I'll cut back to two melatonin tonight (and take them earlier) and see how that goes, and if I still am sleeping too hard, I'll try one. I also feel more peaceful, more "normalish," which leads me to believe that sleep aids are probably not the best thing for some manic depressive people like me.

Today I obviously woke up late ... plus I wasn't very hungry from last night. To be honest, I had like 3 of those scone things, some milk, and then one of these small bagels that I'm about to show you last night after dinner and before I exercised (I was having fun just biking and watching the TV while L did his weights). I decided this morning that I needed to indeed eat something yet keep it simple.

Enter: mini-bagels! I bought these last night when L and I were getting spaghetti things. They are whole wheat, 100 calories each, and if you're a bread lover like me, I think they're perfect for a snack! I toasted two this morning, put PB and almond butter on them, and a banana. I also had a cup of coffee and soy milk with truvia.



It's also great smashed .... but I was a lazy one and didn't bother smashing the banana today. This was one simple yet delicious breakfast.

I think I'll do a nice light smoothie for lunch, definitely. And a late lunch it will be - my stomach won't be ready for a while!

I also have been thinking about going back to the local gym to just do weights - I obviously like doing most of my cardio at home for now, but we have limited weights here at home, and I'd like to start working my whole body again. See, I like working my arms here at home because they're so stinkin' weak - seriously, I'm a weakling, and I like doing my 4 and 5 lb arm stuff at home. But everything else? Umm ... need the gym! I used to go with my mom, who is really into fitness and weight training and has showed me the ropes, so I think I'm ready to start again. My legs and tummy are especially craving some toning. :)

~ M

No comments:

Post a Comment