Tuesday, March 08, 2011

A Bowl of Pure Sunshine Amidst the Fog!

It's a foggy morning today! But ya know what makes a foggy morning most excellent? Sunflower butter!

I tried it on my oats, and it was soooo good. It rivals my love of peanut butter!


My oatmeal turned out sooo WONDERFULLY today - I added a little cottage cheese a la Kath, and it really adds a new level to your oatmeal. I'm talking creamy, dreamy, delicious! I'm sold!


I also tried a new granola flavor - cinnamon raison by Cascadian Farm (can you tell I like them? They're cheap but good). It was quite a nice change from my usual fruit and nut. I'll definitely be keeping both around for a nice variety.

Today's yummy bowl:
- 1/3 C oats
- 3/4 C almond milk
- 1 tbsp chia
- 2 tbsp cooked wheatberries
- cottage cheese stirred in at the end a la Kath's Eats
- salt, cinnamon (I use quite a bit, I noticed), nutmeg
- spoon o' sunflower butter, 1/4 C granola

The dogs were not nearly as excited this morning about my delightful breakfast as me!


I'm just a sleepy lil shih tzu!


*flop*


She didn't give us any of her food despite these adorable sad eyes! What are we poor pups to do?!

Ah yes, and I must share this glorious thought with ya: I'd like to upgrade from my little sony point and shoot (although the dear thing serves me extremely well). But I use it everyday and plan on continuing this blog for a long long time.

I think this guy would be a good starting place, no? It's pretty expensive,  but I love me my pictures, and I think I'd start out with just it and acquire several more lenses in the future after I play around with it some (those darn lenses are expensive too!).


*the majesty*

~ M

1 comment:

  1. Yum! Another great adaptation. Love the chia addition (my latest addiction, and I'm sneaking it into everything...even the kids haven't caught me yet). Thanks for the sunny post.

    ReplyDelete