Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Not My Finest Picture But a Great Smoothie!

I had a popsicle along with the below snacks. The picture I took of it ... well, let's just say that it's not my finest picture. After looking at it tonight, I've decided that it looks a little ... erhm ... not family friendly. And this is definitely a family friendly blog! I also had a teeeny tiny yogurt with topping and jam around 3:00 (same with popsicle). I'm talking a little scoop - I was ravenous, but I didn't want to start "snick-snacking" too terribly, you see! This was actually a really good solution!


I also sipped on a cup or so of almond milk. 40ish calories? Yes please.


I had dinner around 5:30. A raspberry and strawberry smoothie. And an hour and a half nap after I ate it. I think it was just really really filling, and I needed to digest. Plus I've needed a nap today regardless. I tried to bike but after about five minutes, it was clear that a nap was needed instead of cardio today!



The first picture is taken with the flash, the second without. My camera gets rather difficult at night because the natural light is gone! But isn't the color in the first gorg?

Raspberry Strawberry SIAB (it's a type of Green Monster):
- one banana
- 1 C frozen raspberries
- 1 C frozen strawberries (I let them both unthaw a bit before I use them!)
- 1 scoop protein powder (I love vanilla!)
- 1 tbsp coconut
- 2 tbsps chia seed
- 1 C soy milk
- a huge handful of spinach leaves (probably at least a 1 C and a half)
- topped with coconut and granola!

Deeeelicious! And extremely filling - come hungry for this one!

After my nap, I wanted a little something sweet, so I had another Dreyers fruit bar - this time it was grape (my fav). I love that it's only 45 calories for that little piece of heaven! Plus it really signifies that I'm done with dinner. Hopefully this picture is less inappropriate than the one that I didn't post! :)  Believe me, I was looking lopsided at the popsicle debating where to post it! Maybe I just have a dirty mind?


Ok ya'll, here's the thing - I'm going to start trying to make "big" meals for me and L so we can have more leftovers. We have separate finances, see, and ever since we started living together, we've kept our food separate for the most part.

The problem? L sucks at shopping for himself. And I'm sick of watching L come home and eat bowls of cereal for dinner. And L's sick of it too. :)  However, I have to portion out the casseroles and such so L doesn't *eat* the entire thing while I just get one piece (because he's a piggy).

I'm taking charge of the kitchen and the food and the portions for a while ... we'll see if this is going to work. I'm going to grab some recipes tonight and tomorrow and get started hopefully tomorrow or Thurs. I'm personally rather excited!

~ M

No comments:

Post a Comment