Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Lazy Horse

It is such a beautiful day that my sis and I went out to ride the ponies!


For lunch, I had a horse-sized appetite and ate a little more than usual! For those of you who think that horseback riding isn't a sport or doesn't do anything for your body, think again! (Especially when you have a lazy pony like mine and want him to pick up the pace and keep it going - you're using your entire body, especially your legs and bum, to constantly encourage him!!)

I had three big spoonfuls of plain jane Stonyfield vanilla yog with the rest of my wheatberry supply - probably 2 tbsp? - and a spoonful of raspberry jam. Yes, I'm on a jam kick! It tasted sooo much better in yogurt than in my oatmeal this morning! I also added a tbsp of granola and mixed it all together.


An apple. I ended up cutting 'er in half and adding a tbsp of sunflower butter to one half for a mini-boost.


And the star of the show - my good ol' ham 'n cheese with ranch/cottage cheese mix and a hearty helping of spinach. So simple but so tasty. I was craving this as I drove home!


I think we're going back out to ride a bit more after lunch because we had such a great time (and our morning ride was rather lazy ...).

Hopefully more pics will ensue!

~ M


No comments:

Post a Comment