Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Bossy Betta

This morning when I went into the kitchen, our betta fish Charlie was staring me down for some pellets. That little toot eats about five each day whereas most bettas eat one a week! Words that describe Charlie? Gigantic and rude. But that's what makes him so fun. :)  He's a survivor of a betta with personality, not a scrawny little thing!


Forgive the water-stains. He gets a fresh glass of water every five days ... his glass is just a little stained and could use a trip through the dish washer.

Breakfast was, of course, oatmeal. I'm thinking I'll switch to smoothies a little more once it warms up around here, but for now, I'm liking my warm oats. I'm also thinking about branching out to eggs tomorrow or the next day for some variety. I mean, c'mon, I can't eat oats all of the time. I'd bore everyone and myself to death!

I did my usual combo here so I won't bother with the measurements ... but I *did* get wild and add about a tbsp of raspberry jam today with my sunflower butter (which was a rather big spoonful ... mine is still pretty runny!). Will I do the jam thing again? Probably not. I honestly couldn't taste it no matter how hard I tried! The jam just got lost amidst all of the other flavors. I think my oatmeal is complex, and ya gotta be a heavy hitter to compete with the flavor. Sorry there, jam. You're not swingin' hard enough!




I can't decide if today is going to be a really high energy day or not ... it might be since I skipped my work out yesterday!

I'm also going to my Mom's house to grab several recipes. Hopefully I'll make one tonight. Sounds fun!

~ M


No comments:

Post a Comment